Friday, February 20, 2015

Meet the Ladies of The Design Atelier :: Melanie Millner

Here is the final installment of our series "Meet the Ladies of The Design Atelier." We've saved the best for last, Melanie is the founder and principal of The Design Atelier!


Melanie at her drafting table in the TDA office
Name: Melanie Millner

Hometown: Schenectady, New York


I knew I wanted to be a designer when… I was in high school.

If I wasn't a designer, I’d be… I can't imagine being anything else!

Random thing I’m good at… Deer hunting

Favorite meal to cook (or enjoy!)… Grilled salmon, quinoa, and steamed veggies

One thing I always buy even if I already own a dozen… Flowers, tulips are my favorite!

Every home needs… love.


Favorite restaurant... Restaurant Eugene on Peachtree.

You couldn't pay me to... do interior painting.


Melanie's children: Wyatt, Megan, and Wesley
Also, Cocoa, the family dog



My perfect day… any summer day in Northeast Harbor, Maine with my kids.

Guilty of spending too much money on… groceries from Whole Foods.

Favorite quote… "Peace, it does not mean to be in a please where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."

If I could travel anywhere, it would be… Maine, Paris, and Italy

My biggest pet peeve is… lack of motivation.

Best motherly advice… Nothing worthwhile comes easy.

My latest addiction is... a daily latte from Enrico, the Italian barista at Star Provisions.






We hope you enjoyed getting to know Melanie and the other ladies of The Design Atelier. It's been fun to show you our team and to let you know more about each of us! We've been up to some pretty exciting things the past couple of weeks, and we can't wait to tell y'all about them. Be on the lookout for another post coming soon!

We wish you a great weekend, and stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment